Thursday, January 9, 2020
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Medicare Payments: Facility FeeMedicare pays for surgical procedures in an ASC unless the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) determine that the procedures meet any of these criteria for exclusion.
The facility fee is designed to pay for the use of the ASC, including:
- Technician and related services
- Diagnostic or therapeutic services or items directly related to the provision of a surgical procedure
- Administrative, recordkeeping and housekeeping items and services
- The operating surgeon’s supervision of the services provided by an anesthetist
- The drugs
- Surgical dressings
- Appliances and equipment that are directly related to the provision of surgical procedures
- Anesthesia materials and implants, including intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- Some anesthetic agents
- Radiologic services
In addition, Medicare makes an additional payment for interocular lenses (IOLs) that have been designated as “New Technology” IOLs (NTIOLs). Currently, no IOLs are classified as NTIOLs. CMS, however, may designate certain IOLs as being NTIOLs in the future.
Know about the CDC regulations with doing laundry in your facility
Procedures permitted in an ASC (42 CFR 416.65) are those that generally do not require extended length...
CODE SECTIONS Article 21, Chapter 7 California Administrative Code (CAC) Article 21 - Plan Review, Building Inspection and Certification of ...
Surgeons can lease ORs, staff and equipment from an existing facility. Can ASCs operate as timeshare properties? Yes, thanks to a little-...
TEN STEPS TO PASSING PI PERFORMANCE DURING DME ACCREDITATION SURVEY Here is a checklist to help DME companies, Home HEALTH AGENCIES,...
ASC Hospital Transfer Requirements Summary, by State References Courtesy, Outpatient Surgery Magazine January, 2011 30 States require that t...
On October 9, Governor Jerry Brown signed S.B. 100, enacting a new law that tightens scrutiny of California ambulatory surgery centers throu...
'via Blog this' Click on this link to the CLIA certificate application that must be submitted to the state medicare laboratory of...
DME Accreditation | Durable Medical Equipment License